This article will show you how building and maintaining your profile on Kalido will uncover more and better matches for professional Opportunity.
Why should I invest time in my Profile?
Your Profile is key to getting the most out of Kalido. The more detailed a picture you can give us of your Skills, related Competencies, and Interests, the more and better quality Opportunities we can surface for you.
How do I build an effective Profile?
Biography: make sure it’s a compelling summary of your experience, Skills, and Interests that will grab people’s attention, and highlights what you have to offer.
Photo: a good, clear Profile photo can make all the difference. It humanises your Profile and helps people engage and connect with you. Profiles with pictures usually have higher engagement than those that don’t.
Social media: link your social media accounts to your Profile to showcase your work and whole self.
Skills: adding the full list of personal and professional Skills that you want to showcase on Kalido – and keeping it up to date – will help you find the most relevant Opportunities.
Competency: improve your Matches and help other Kalido users understand your expertise by adding a Competency self-rating to your Skills.
Interests: add a comprehensive list that will help you find commonality with other users and start conversations.
Recommendations: remember to offer and ask for Recommendations on Kalido. They really help boost the credibility of your Skills and Profile, and can help other users to decide to connect or work with you. And offering Recommendations to people who’ve been great to work with helps them in turn.
Images and links: adding images and links to your Profile is a great way to share pictures of your work and links to your portfolio and website, etc. It helps other people explore your work and get greater insights into you and your expertise.
How can I boost my Profile’s credibility?
There are three types of Competency on Kalido that can confirm your suitability for a Role to hiring managers, and get you noticed for more Opportunities.
There are several ways you can rate yourself:
1. If you've already added your Skills to your Profile, you'll notice a three-dot icon next to the View More button on the right side of each Skill. Click on this and select Quick Edit. Below Mentorship, you'll find a Rating option. Select Self Rating from the dropdown list and click Save.
2. If you have already added your Skills to your Profile, you will see a View More button on the right side of that Skill. Click on it to see the Edit Skill button in the top right corner. Click on this to see the Rating option below Mentorship. From there, choose from the dropdown for Self Rating and click Save.
3. To add a Skill to Kalido, please follow these steps:
- Log in to Kalido (https://web.kalido.me/).
- Navigate to your Profile and click the 'My Skills' tab.
- Click on 'Add Skill'. If you can't find your Skill in the search bar, just type its name and add it to Kalido.
- Select a Competency level (Self-Rating).
- Click on 'Add Skill' and your Skill will be added to your Profile.
- To update/change existing Skills, click on the three-dot icon to the right of the Skill.
- Select 'Quick Edit' and update the Skill.
- Press the 'Save' button.
If your organisation has an internal skills profiling system, Kalido can pull Manager Ratings into employee Profiles. Managers can also choose to give Ratings for their employees’ Skills manually, and employees can also request Manager Ratings.
Kalido produces a Competency Rating based on information such as your previous experience and any Certifications you have linked to your Skills.
Kalido also scans users’ Profiles and feeds past Project descriptions and Certifications through our machine learning models to reveal levels of Competency for particular Skills. Kalido shares this with you as suggestions for pieces of evidence you can link to in order to verify your Competency in a particular Skill, giving credibility to your Profile.
How do I request a Manager Rating for my Skills?
Adding Manager Ratings to your Skills boosts your Kalido Rating and helps to match your Skills to great new Opportunities.
- Go to your Profile and select the 'My Skills' option.
- Click the 'Request Manager Rating' button on the right-hand side.
- Select a Manager.
- Choose the Skills you'd like a Rating for and click Next.
- Enter your message and click the 'Ask for Rating' button.
How can I give someone a Manager Rating for their Skills?
- Go to the user's Profile.
- Navigate to the user's Skills tab.
- Click the 'Rate Skills' button on the right-hand side.
- Choose the Skills you want to rate, then click Submit.
- The user will be notified that you have rated the selected Skills.
How is Profile Completeness calculated? Can Kalido show me the percentage my Profile is complete?
To get the most out of Kalido, we recommend adding as much information to your Profile as possible. It will help you to stand out from the crowd and match with the best Opportunities.
This table shows how Profile Completeness is calculated on Kalido.
You can check your Profile completion % by following these steps:
1. Sign in to Kalido: http://web.kalido.me
2. Navigate to your Profile's About Me section.
3. Expand the organisation data under Network specific Member information.
4. Your Profile completion percentage will be displayed.
What is the Enhance My Visibility feature?
The more up-to-date details you include on your Kalido Profile, the more great Opportunities our powerful AI will find for you.
The Enhance My Visibility feature makes this easy by guiding you through 5 quick and simple steps. Kalido will show you the most in-demand Skills in your Networks, and how you can acquire them to boost your Opportunity potential. You are also shown any Projects that you’ve worked on but haven’t tagged Skills to. Doing this is quick and easy, and helps to demonstrate your expertise to others on Kalido, increase your Competency ratings and find more Opportunities.
How do I Enhance My Visibility?
Visit the Opportunities tab and click ‘Enhance My Visibility’ on the right-hand side of the screen and Kalido will guide you through the following steps to boost your Profile.
Update: add or edit your Based Location and Preferred Location, and add any Certifications to increase your Kalido Rating.
Enhance: search for and add Skills to your Profile to ensure your talents are showcased. Kalido will also show you the most in-demand Skills in your Network so that you can add any you have to your Profile. You’ll be able to see how many Opportunities adding each in-demand Skill will increase your visibility for.
Competencies: rate your Skills to give an accurate Kalido Rating that will help match you to more relevant Opportunities that are a great fit for your Skills.
Review: evaluate your Skills to ensure Kalido is showing you the most relevant Opportunities. If you feel a Skill is no longer relevant, you can remove it from your Profile or choose not to be matched on it.
And that’s it… your visibility is now enhanced and you’re ready to match with more great Opportunities.